HahYuhDooin?

Don McIntyre's blog. See www.donmcintyre.com

10/08/2004

Today's Status

My intent with this blog site is to add to it every time someone asks me "How are you doing?" or "How are you?" or "How have you been?" or one of the other variations. It happened yesterday. I told the person to visit my website whenever s/he was really interested in a real answer to the question. Then we went on to have a significant half-hour conversation about more important things. In other words, my plan worked! So, to be true to my commitment to say how I'm doing:

-Very excited about the imminent publication of my book, Little Crucifixions.
-Very excited about the slightly less imminent release of my new music cd, "Love Goes On.
-Both to be available by the end of the year; I'm sure of it.
-Speaking of releases, go to Brianregan.com to see if his new comedy video is available yet. He is not only the funniest person who has ever lived; I believe there is something truly redemptive in his humor. You don't just laugh - you become more content with life. And that is no small service to mankind!
-"Mankind" - there it is. Will any reader of this blog ever read the word "mankind" and be " " " reminded " " " of what a sexist culture we live in? Sheesh! Can someone say "agenda addiction"? Try therapy.
-Someone told me that if pewpower.com gains any popularity at all, people will assume I'm behind it, and I'll never again be invited to speak at a church. Well, that is a danger, yes. But by the way, there are still plenty of churches out there that *really* *do* want to face the hard stuff.
-Right?
-I think I'm going to learn about locksmithing - in order to assist a great guy who works at that job locally.
-Emotions: I still cover the emotional geomorphology pretty completely in a given month. No change there. Eventually, you live so long on the earth that just about any regularly occuring sorrow is something of a comfort - just because it occurs regularly.
-Hey! Angela, Heather, Gabby, Jason, Fergus, Otis, Dani, Pat, Daniel, and all you others (you know who you are): I miss our togetherness. Anybody up for a reunion at the end of the year?
-I'm too fat and I hate myself for it; but evidently not enough to stop eating so much.
Okay now, bye bye then.