HahYuhDooin?

Don McIntyre's blog. See www.donmcintyre.com

10/21/2009

News from the Front #2

First Encounter -

No…not with a terrorist, a freaking Camel Spider, a terrorist Camel Spider.

These things are no joke are they are nasty. Lauren you have no idea how much you would freak out. We were all sitting talking when somebody was like, “hey look at that!”, we all looked and saw this thing running across the gravel. A couple of us got around it and I had a small peace, like a foot long, of garden hose so I poked at it a couple times. The spiders mouth opens wide and it makes a hissing noise that you can clearly hear. The mouth has 4 very large fangs, 2 on top and 2 on the bottom. When I came at it the first time it reared its two front legs up in the air, opened its mouth and then bit into the hose; and I do mean bit into. When I went to do it again it came at me like to attack. It was crazy and took me completely off guard that a spider was actually so bold as to attack me; it was pretty fast too. Eventually me and another guy cornered it and got it trapped in a Gatorade bottle. Once we had it in the bottle we poked a hold in the top and I shit you not, once that spider knew the hole was there and saw some daylight he started charging it like he could get through.

We were going to try and transport it to a big cooler where the mechanics have a pet scorpion that is a little bigger than the spider was. We would have seen a little battle but the spider has since passed on to terrorist spider heaven where he will get his 72 spider virgins.