HahYuhDooin?

Don McIntyre's blog. See www.donmcintyre.com

3/15/2010

The Quadruped Position

-
-
Dear God, I hereby acknowledge your superiority.
I respect your power. Believe me, I know my place.
You are the Supreme Being, I’m one of the lower creatures.

Forgive me for not using my time more wisely,
for sometimes wandering into places I don’t belong,
and for being a little more reclusive than is really necessary.

Please continue to provide food and water.
Give me a shady spot to lie down when its hot
and an enclosed area to keep warm when the weather changes.

Deliver me from children who want to make me their pet,
women who want to ride me so they can feel powerful,
and men who want me to do their work for them.

Deliver me also from hunters,
animal rights zealots,
hikers, campers and nature painters.

Preserve my niche.
Keep the flies away.
Let me get my fair share of females in heat.

And I promise that whatever you have put me here to do
that is not included in the above
I’ll try to do it better and more often.

For you made everything
and must have had a good reason.
And it’s not my place to figure everything out. Amen.