HahYuhDooin?

Don McIntyre's blog. See www.donmcintyre.com

8/23/2010

Status Report

-I dream about Sound View almost every night.

-Kathy gets to go on a brief trip to Cal, which means I get to make a huge mess in the house.

-Went to the reception of Andrew and Anna. AWESOME. Ate, drank, danced, celebrated good things and good people, with good people.

-I love my new relatives and their friends.

-I've been sick. My body is showing the signs of several poor lifestyle decisions over the years. A body is like a car: you should take care of it while you've got it, but no matter how much you do, all of them eventually get thrown away.

-Trent has a new laptop, so you should send him an email with an inspirational message and picture, like "You are living proof of the truth of Solipsism" - with a humorous photograph of dumplings.

-Sometimes its hard for a grandfather not to intrude.

-I just wrote another song for the file cabinet. I've written more than 400 songs, and I think they're going to die with me. I love doing karaoke with Rick, but there's also a sadness in it.

-I like teaching the Humanities. A good student is a great blessing. I'm sure glad I have a job right now.

-I don't like to have pretend friendships with people who don't really like my company.

-It was so awesome to go to Whitworth to recruit summer staff.