HahYuhDooin?

Don McIntyre's blog. See www.donmcintyre.com

1/17/2011

You don't drive me crazy (1988)

I heard his song on the radio
Man, he was lonely. Man, he was lonely
He wanted one thing and one thing only
so bad
You won't get that kind of pressure from me
I want your humanity
Don't want your vanity
Any other way is not conducive to sanity
I hope that you understand

(Refrain:)
You don't drive me crazy
And I won't die if you don't make love to me
A wise man grows
out of those highs and lows
But I'd appreciate your company
Would you like to spend some time with me?

I heard another song on the radio
He was empty and teary
weary and dreary
Maybe she believed him, but I was leery
Who's kidding who?
If you let a woman steal all your pride
then even the prettiest
can get pretty hideous
Women want men, not snivling idiots
That much at least is clear (Refrain)

We are lookin' for the same simple things:
Love fulfillable
A heart that's thrillable
Like findin' a rhyme of three whole syllables
That is one lucky day (Refrain)

We are what we are
Maybe kinda far
away from what we oughta be
Still, you could spend some time with me.