HahYuhDooin?

Don McIntyre's blog. See www.donmcintyre.com

3/13/2011

I know that I have frequently obstructed the love of God by being too raw or ill-mannered, and the memory of such occasions is still quite haunting. But I can recollect just as many occasions when I have truly and sincerely loved people, have demonstrated that love over long periods of time, and have bestowed mercy when no one else would - only to have these people become defensive when a time came for gentle admonition.

It is a fact that people often attack the messenger, even when the message is necessary, perfectly timed, graciously stated, and delivered by a friend.

There is a great lack of courage in human nature. And one of the most destructive games people have silently agreed to play is the one that says implicitly, "I promise never to say anything to hurt you if you promise never to say anything to hurt me."

I think the possibility exists that I come off to some people as one who is not comfortable with this game. If so, this is not something about me that should change.